RE: ASP/SQL

by "Bastyr University WebMaster" <WebMaster(at)bastyr.edu>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:55:05 -0700
 To:  <Eric_Anderson(at)hrsoft.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-languages(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello,

Thanks for the info.  This does appear to be what's happening.  One of the =
fields is nText which I assume causes the same problem as just Text. =20

Guess I'll have to do it the hard way.=20

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.=20

Regards,

Doug Dossett
Webmaster
Bastyr University
http://www.bastyr.edu

>>> "Anderson, Eric" <Eric_Anderson(at)hrsoft.com> 09/26/00 10:57AM >>>
Hi Bastyr!=20

What are your field definitions for FirstName and LastName in SQL
Server?  I have found that if you use Text fields (not varchar(), but
datatype Text) you have to read them in the order in which you queried
them.  AND they have to be the last fields in your SELECT statement.

However, if you are not using the Text datatype, I am afraid that I do
not know what is happening.  You should be able to read them from the
recordset in any order you choose.

Hope this helps,=20
Eric=20

-----Original Message-----=20