RE: DOS

by "Ryan Huggins" <RyanHuggins(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:04:11 -0800
 To:  <hwg-servers(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
First step: HAVE A BOOT DISK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Second step: Format c: /q
This is a quick format, and what I recently used on a win98 install.  This
formats your drive in 10 seconds max, as opposed to a very long time
(basically it wipes out your FAT causing you to loose everything (if memory
serves)).  You will need to use the floppy disk for things like command.com,
autoexec.bat and config.sys (you know, so your CD-ROM'll work).

Then:  Reinstall your CD drivers, and party on with the install (this of
course assumes your doing a CD install).

Let me know how it goes, I'm going to do the samething to my 486/66.  It'll
be a shame to see 3.1 go, but I'm a DOS man anyways.

  HTH,

     Ryan