Re: Belay that request re: perms on NT

by "Kathy Evans" <kje(at)vendetta.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:59:13 +0100
 To:  "Hwg-Servers (E-mail)" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
The web server impersonates an anonymous user called IUSER_computer name
which is set up automatically  when you install PWS. Check in musrmgr (it is
a local account). By default this account is a member of the guests group
(and therefore, everyone). If files are on another server, you must make a
domain IUSR account so the other server recognises it or create the IUSR
account on that server also. What authentication method are you using?
Anonymous should work whatever. Q207671 on Microsoft TEchnet Knowledge base
has useful info on authentication across a network.

I think any external commands are created in a separate process, so this may
be the problem. I remember hearing that this causes a problem with stdio,
but I'm not sure. I think you had to use AllocConsole in script or
CreateCGIWithNewConsole=true in IIS metabase. This is probably way off base
the only thing I do with Perl is to run a test script to make sure it's
configured before passing over to someone else!  Have you experimented with
hardcoding the path (needs to be physical path) to the file to see if it is
the open or finding the file that is the problem? If you are opening the
file, the user may need to write to the directory.

Do you get any error messages? anything in the logs or Event viewer?

  Kathy
  You're looking for something, but what could it be?
  You look for a hero, well don't look at me!
  DNRC  Minister for Useful but Irritating Information and Trivia