Re: Running perl in IIS

by "Kathy Evans" <kje(at)vendetta.co.uk>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:10:18 -0000
 To:  "Glaser,
Phil" <Phil.Glaser(at)Dialogic.com>,
"Hwg-Servers (E-mail)" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
In IIS, under application on the directory page set your script mapping (for
perl 5 it is C:\perl\perl.exe %s %s - must be lowercase %s, or the
equivalent for activestate (it's a dll, I think)). Uncheck the script box
(and the "check file exists box" for speed) on this page.

Set IIS execute (inc script) perms on the directory and no read or write
Minimum NTFS permissions need to be (X) (RX) for appropriate users - with
FAT there's just no security, so it doesn't matter.
You can test your IIS setup with this script - it works on IIS 3 and 4
url is http://server.domain.com/scriptsdir/hello.pl? (don't forget the ?)
I don't know perl but I do know IIS - hope it is some help.

print "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\n";
print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
print "<HTML>\n";
print "<HEAD>\n";
print "<TITLE>Hello World</TITLE>\n";
print "</HEAD>\n";
print "<BODY>\n";
print "<H4>Hello World</H4>\n";
print "<P>\n";
print "Your IP Address is $ENV{REMOTE_ADDR}.\n";
print "<P>";
print "<H5>Have a nice day</H5>\n";
print "</BODY>\n";
print "</HTML>\n";