Re: ASP gurus

by "Edward J. Davis" <ejdavis1(at)home.com>

 Date:  Mon, 25 Oct 1999 22:23:59 -0700
 To:  "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman(at)ix.netcom.com>,
"Phillip Knight" <phillipknight(at)home.com>,
"hwg -techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"hwg-servers" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I was in the same position as you - I had to come up to speed on ASP in a
hurry.  I had considerable programming experience with C and C++ and other
languages but very little with VB.  I bought the "Professional Active Server
Pages" by Wrox Press and it is very good.  It helped get me up to speed
quickly.  The book has a good reference section in the back, also.  If I had
to choose one book to start out with, I would still pick this one.  If you
have little programming experience, one of the more basic books might be a
better place to start.  There are is also a wealth of instruction, tips, and
examples for ASP on the web.

Ed Davis
San Diego