Re: Http-Referer ?

by "Frederic Fillon" <fillon(at)webstore.fr>

 Date:  Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:23:51 +0100
 To:  "Rich Bowen" <rbowen(at)rcbowen.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-servers(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

Thank you Rich for the answer

In your mail you said :
> The problem with this is that some clients don't send a REFERER variable
> at all, and you're effectively excluding them from seeing any of your
> site but the front page.

Could you tell me what are these browsers ? Could you modify this behavior
in IE4/5 or in Netscape ?

I do not want THE solution to stop spiders but a way to limit the spiders...
Perhaps using a cookie would be the solution with the number of pages seen
for a time period.  A human user could not see more than 4 pages / second

Regards