Re: Digital IDs

by "Edward J. Davis" <ejdavis1(at)home.com>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:08:43 -0700
 To:  <hwg-servers(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Tom Towle" <webmaster(at)fielding.edu>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You can generate a certificate locally using the MS "Certificate Server",
but users will see an error dialog announcing "problems with the
certificate" and an explanation that the certificate was not from a trusted
source.  Users can elect to accept or reject the certificate.

Granted that this ensures that you are who you say you are, but for some of
us, all we want the certificate for is to enable SSL.
Ed Davis
San Diego