Re: IIS3 and CGI

by "Kathy Evans" <kje(at)vendetta.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 4 Oct 2000 14:15:43 +0100
 To:  "Rajnish Bhaskar" <r.bhaskar(at)compserv.gla.ac.uk>,
"Hwg-Servers (E-mail)" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Use IIS4, which is also free and is part of the NT option pack, rather than
IIS3 (now outdated, etc etc for details read about IIS4). You need to
install an NT version of Perl, eg ActiveState -- one of the Perl aficionados
on the list will be able to advise you--or you could use Perl 5 from the NT
CD--not such a good choice for live apps. (or is it on the reskit--I
forget). Perl certainly runs on both IIS3 and 4, you just have to add script
mappings. See IIS documentation (help) or try TechNet. It's very easy.

HTH

Kathy