Apache directives - solution

by "Insurance Squared" <gcooke(at)insurancesquared.com>

 Date:  Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:39:58 -0400
 To:  <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks so much for the assistance on this one. Thanks Dan (solved!), Jeff,
and Rich (I'll get a copy of Apache Server Unleashed next trip to the
bookstore - thanks).

My transfer program was sending the script as binary instead of ascii. When
I typed in the program directly on the server instead of transferring it, it
worked perfectly from my browser.  This is normally one of the first things
I check, but it prints out OK on the server (so the difference is not
visible), and executes from the command prompt on the server.  So it's
Apache that cares if it was transferred as a binary instead of ascii - not
Perl as I had always assumed.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Glenn