Re: DNS Problem? Sites without www sometimes don't work

by "Chris Walker" <dev(at)rockfordweb.com>

 Date:  Thu, 22 Mar 2001 17:05:23 -0600
 To:  <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I've encounted this as well.. My problem was that the guy before me didn't
prepare an SOA record for the domain.  Instead, he simply created a single A
record with the www. included.  The way to fix this is to have your DNS
server configured properly.. NT is foreign to me, but I might recommend
reading the Linux DNS howto, which includes some background info on DNS in
general.. (see http://www.linuxdocs.org).

Once we configured our domain with SOA records for the domain in the forward
and reverse zones this problem went away.

- Chris Walker