Re: Trouble running ASP and IIS

by "Kathy Evans" <kje(at)vendetta.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:31:23 -0000
 To:  "Hwg-Servers (E-mail)" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
A few things to check:

See what's in the event log and IIS logs, it may be worth turning on
auditing for file and object access on the asp and content directories as a
troubleshooting aid.

1) Make sure sp 5 was the last thing installed. If you are not sure, reapply
the sp.
2) Is the browser we are talking about on the server or on a client? I found
that using an FQDN for an intranet and telling IE that the site was in the
intranet zone caused scripts to time out or hang. So check your DNS and
browser settings if using FQDNs. (Using the netbios name and intranet zone
is OK.)
3) Cache settings. Try turning caching for ISAPI applications on, you can
use Response.Expires instead if necessary (but see also Microsoft Q188352 on
ASP caching)
4) make sure someone hasn't installed ASP for IIS3 by mistake (you will
usually get error 115 in this case). If so you must unistall ASP and the
option pack and reinstall (and kill the culprit!)
5) Check the IUSR_and IWAM_  account (and other users if not anon)
permissions on ASP and content directories
6) If you are going through ms proxy, there is a service pack you need.
7) Check script mappings

  Kathy
  DNRC  Minister for Useful but Irritating Information and Trivia