Re: LDAP server

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:10:17 -0000
 To:  <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>,
"Adam Trickett" <adam_trickett(at)ebt.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You can go here and read about iPlanet's LDAP products.  You need to
investigate the type of network you will be attaching it to.  I found out
that this implementation of LDAP does not like machines that use DHCP.  It
will not install on a machine if it is using DHCP.

If you are considering using LDAP I would suggest that you segregate a
subnet of your LAN that uses static IP address.  I would also register each
machine in your DNS.  Treat all workstations as you would a server.