Re: Single-hit visitor generates 304 Status Code

by "Frederic Fillon" <fillon(at)webstore.fr>

 Date:  Thu, 9 Mar 2000 01:27:18 +0100
 To:  "'HWG Servers'" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi,

We use a spider to grab web pages to index in our search engine, to avoid to
get pages everytime we use HEAD, if the page is not modified since the last
visit no need to get ... it is very interesting to limit the traffic over
the Net (for us and for the host).... but you could change this behavior by
changing your web server configuration ....

/*    WEBSTORE STAFF
        Fr�d�ric FILLON
  Little Guru / Web Master
                                             */