Re: DNS Server

by "Paul Rudolf" <paul(at)ntyc.net>

 Date:  Tue, 24 Oct 2000 20:36:58 -0700
 To:  <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
It's been a while since I've played with the NT DNS, but I eventually got it
working.  There were suggestions in changing the way NT ran DNS, mainly in
setting the NT box to use the "named.boot" option.

You may also want to look at the "BIND" package for NT.  Try looking at
http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/servers as well as doing a search for "bind dns nt"
on some of the search engines.  There's a wealth of information in not only
installing and setting up a DNS server, but also a lot of information
regarding a secure DNS server.

Paul Rudolf

System Administrator
Personal Software Systems/NTYC.NET