Re: Apache Accessing Windows Drives

by "Chris Walker" <dev(at)rockfordweb.com>

 Date:  Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:32:22 -0600
 To:  <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
 Theres 2 quick ways off the top of my head..  Samaba & NFS will get you
access to the share on the win2k box..  (Although NFS will probably require
you buy an expensive NFS server for win2k)  Samba is, of course, free..

Assuming you use Samaba to connect to the windows box, you'll mount the
win2k share on the linux box, mounting it at any mount point you shoose..
Once the share is mounted, you can treat it like any other directory on your
machine, so your apache Alias directive will reference the mount point..

Samaba is a bit of a chore to get up and running (although SWAT helps
dramaticly) but once I've gotten everything going I've had good results

I'd prefer to use NFS for this kind of sharing, except the last time i
looked around for an NFS interface on windows I was disappointed by the
pricing on the packages..