Re: Preventing viewing of source code.

by "M Systems Software, LLC - Chris Moos" <msystems(at)msyssoft.com>

 Date:  Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:21:41 -0400
 To:  "Janet Manker" <Janet.Manker(at)noaa.gov>,
"HWG Servers" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You could use the Windows Script Encoder, screnc.exe, downloadable from
microsoft's scripting Web Site.

Its a command line utility that enable you to encode sevearl type of
files... most importantly it encodes HTML and ASP files written with JScript
or VBScript
or
you could put one of the cheesy (but reasonably effective) "No Right Click
or No Source View" javascripts.

If you want it by-in-large obliterated from seeing eyes, then encode it.
You should be sure that you have another copy of the file for reference in
case of need.  It completely destroys the source code placing a single line
of jibberish characters and then tells the server to decode it.  You should
use the /L switch defining the default scripting language you are using ("J"
or "VB"Script).

Hope this helps

Chris Moos
Got WebFLuence...?