Re: Web Cams

by "Lyle Giese" <lyle(at)lcrcomputer.com>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:31:35 -0500
 To:  "Billy O'Connor" <billyo(at)kennetweb.co.uk>,
<hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
What is the speed of the ADSL connection?  Normally the uplink speed is
slower than the downlink speed and you will be concerned about the uplink
speed.

You need to also determine how much data is going to be sent.  How much
compression is the software going to give you.

I suspect that at a minimum you will need to have your webserver pull the
data from the webcams and cache it for public viewing.  And I have a feeling
that once you find the actual speed the ADSL is going to run, it won't be
fast enough.

Lyle