Re: ISP Woes!!!! OT: maybe??

by "Timothy G. Embler" <hwg(at)myrealbox.com>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Jun 2000 10:06:41 -0700
 To:  "Brian V Bonini" <brian(at)livenet.net>,
"HWG-Servers" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
the first hop timing out doesnt mean you will lose network performance.  for
example level3 does not return icmp requests.  So if you ISP is say
earthlink dsl that has level3 has the uplink(they varey w/ eln) then either
your 2nd or 3rd hop will timeout(varies what hop it is, some core's jump to
another core before going to the uplink).

Hope that helps.  Had a long night so not sure if I worded that the best
way, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Tim