Tracking bandwidth (was: Re: Cron jobs)

by John.ksi(at)webplus.net

 Date:  Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:30 EST
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>On another note, does anyone know of any programs that will allows me to
>monitor bandwidth used by each domain on my server ? I can monitor the
>entire bandwidth used with a program supplied by the company I lease from,
>but this doesn't give details on individual domains...

I hope you get better answers than mine, :)
but do you have your own switch?  I think some switches track
this kinda stuff by IP address these days.  The assumption here
of course is that each of your domains has their own IP address -
as opposed to "virtual servers".

Also, web server log analyzers can help just a bit here.  With the
exception of the likes of calls to CGI's, the amount of data sent
is typically tracked in the server logs.

 -John Koch                               -  -  -  __o
 Knowledge Systems, Inc.              -  -  - -  _ \<,_
 <John.ksi(at)webplus.net>                   - -   (_)/ (_)