Re: time frame for domain transfer??

by John.ksi(at)webplus.net

 Date:  Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:53 EDT
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> But, it's now been 4 days since the fax was sent.

I wasn't quite sure what you meant by "transferring a domain".  Is
the domain moving to another registrant, or are you just changing
contact info?

If changing contact info:
I *think* they'll take Emailed requests from the technical
contact too - not just the admin contact.

I've never gone the fax route, but 4 days strikes me as an
impressively short period of time for NSI.  I think you're looking
at a couple weeks or longer...but that's just my own speculation.

> If you know of where or how I can contact NSI by
> phone for an update on it's progress, please pass on the info.

If you don't mind being on hold for half an hour or more,
I use 703-742-4777 - but that's cuz I'm also in area code 703.
But 888-642-9675 should also work, according to
http://www.networksolutions.com/help/nsi-managed.html ,
among other pages.  I think both numbers put you into the
same lengthy queue, however.   Calling first thing in the morning
(before 9AM Eastern) seems minimize the time on hold.

They may ask you for a ticket numer.  I assume you don't have
one - in which case all you can do is explain that you sent
the fax and nobody got back to you with any ticket number.

If changing the domain's registrant:
After following the instructions on the NSI web site, you should
have a ticket number AND you should have sent NSI a *notarized* fax.
Turn-around time for THIS is a good 4-6 weeks.  For whatever
reason, my customers seem to goof this up pretty easily, in which
case the 4-6 week clock has to start all over again.....  :|

-John