Re: Back -> raw HTML

by John.ksi(at)webplus.net

 Date:  Tue, 2 May 2000 12:41 EDT
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Also, web servers like to know what they're serving up.  I'm
>assuming this is already set on your web server, but I have
>seen this problem when we started serving new document types.

The responses along these lines have confused me.

When the user encounters the page for the first time,
it looks fine.  So I'm thinking the mime types set up
on both ends are OK.  Later when they "Back" into the
very same page, they see the HTML codes.  The Back button
doesn't re-fetch the page, so there's no way I would be
able to have the server tell the browser (again) what type
of data it is....

-John