Re: Apache logs and prerotate

by Reywob(at)aol.com

 Date:  Tue, 28 Aug 2001 05:42:41 EDT
 To:  rbowen(at)rcbowen.com
 Cc:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
In a message dated 8/27/01 12:21:13 PM GMT Daylight Time, rbowen(at)rcbowen.com
writes:

> logrotate is a RedHat thing, right?
Yup.

> I do my log rotation with a Perl
>  module called Logfile::Rotate
>
>  A Log::Rotate program looks something like:
>  [snip]
>  $logfile->rotate();

And you run this via crontab?

>  All you would have to do is do something to the logfile before you rotate
>  it. You can get this off of CPAN. I always had troubles making
>  logrotate (the RedHat version anyway) do what I actually wanted it to.

OK, thanks.  My hosting provider knows how to set it up to rotate the logs,
but not how to get a script to be executed before the log is rotated :-(

Will see if they will install the Perl module..

thanks,
Peter.