Re: NT FTP Server (Not IIS)

by Clif Warren <dodger(at)zianet.com>

 Date:  Wed, 03 Nov 1999 12:20:20 -0700
 To:  "Mike Eovino" <meovino(at)erols.com>,
<hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:43 AM 11/3/99 -0500, Mike Eovino wrote:
>Are any of you Win NT types out there using something other than IIS as an
>FTP server?  If so, what is it, do you like it and where can I find it?

I help administer several NT-based web servers.  Most of them use IIS as
their FTP server, but as I'm sure you've discovered, it has some pretty
appalling weaknesses in the realm of FTP (like resuming downloads...).

The non-IIS options I've seen are usually War-FTP or Serv-U.  These both
appear to work equally well, but I would have to agree with Lyle in my
personal preference for Serv-U.  It is extremely easy to set up, with the
ability to give different users on the same server drastically different
FTP environments.

HTH!
- Clif