Re: PHP in any HTML file

by Mariusz Zydyk <pod(at)null.net>

 Date:  Fri, 19 Nov 1999 00:02:11 -0700
 To:  Jordan Hiller <hiller(at)email.com>,
hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:20 PM 11/18/99 -0700, Jordan Hiller wrote:
>I have a site that uses PHP on ever single page, and I'd prefer if it would be
>parsed without needing a .php3 extension (every .html file is parsed with
PHP).
>Is there an easy way to do this with a .htaccess file? I have the ability to
>use
>telnet and .htaccess but no real control over the server.

------- You will need to setup a handler in .htaccess. For example

  AddHandler server-parsed .html

will cause regular .html files to be treated the way .shtml normally
would. If you check the server config (I assume it's apache?) to see
what the name of the php3 handler is, and stick that into .htaccess.
The server also has to allow you to set these types of things via
.htaccess, you're looking for the AllowOverride FileInfo directive.

--
  Marius Zydyk -- pod(at)null.net -- http://www.domainofdarkness.com/