Re: Mail Problems

by Billy <billy(at)kennet1.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:29:25 +0000
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>On some Unixes, if a user logs in several times with an incorrect
>password, their account can be set to inactive. The same thing happens
>(can be configured to happen) on NT. Perhaps this has happened. Have you
>reset his user account? Probably a good idea - reset his password, and
>then let him change it back to whatever.

I tried this before contacting the list and it didn't work.

>Are any other users having difficulty getting in? (I assume not, since
>you can log in.) I was just wondering if /var was full, or something
>else like that.

Everyone else is fine. What am I looking for in /var? Should I delete the
mailogs?

>Very hard to think what the problem might be, without actually seeing
>things. Any other symptoms?

None at all.

To get around it, I've set-up a new user and he logs in as this (he doesn't
mind keeping this username), but I need to get to he's stored mail incase
there is anything of importance. Could you tell me how I do this?

Bill.