Re: moving from unix to win2k

by Clif Warren <dodger(at)zianet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:34:38 -0700
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:05 PM 3/21/00 -0500, Rich Bowen wrote:
>As for customer 404's, I've never seen this done on IIS, but I've got to
>assume that someone has figured out how to do this. On the other hand, I
>am continually amazed at what *basic* functionality is missing from IIS.

I have no clue about the .htaccess options...  never had a need to look for
such a tool.

With IIS4, you can not only customize the 404 message, but every error
message, and you can configure each virtual directory differently if you
wish.  In the MMC, look at the properties for any virtual directory (or the
entire server), and you will find the option for customizing the error
messages.  My NT box is at the office, so I can't say for sure exactly what
tab you're looking for  (it is in the server/directory properties dialog
box however)...

- Clif

      Clif Warren,  MCP
    Lazerlite Enterprises