Re: ssl forms

by Charlotte Gardner <vgardner(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Jul 2001 07:27:20 -0400
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  Lyle(at)lcrcomputer.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Lyle,

When I researched this question a couple of years ago,
what I found was that when the SUBMIT calls the secure script,
the SSL connection is initiated between the browser and
the server. After the secure connection is established, then the
form's data is transmitted.

1) From http://www-net.cs.umass.edu/kurose/krithi/7_7.htm

SSL can be set up in form URL as
https://somewhere.org/thing.html