Re: cold fusion help

by "Kevin A. Jackson" <kevin(at)nvision.on.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 02 Nov 1999 23:05:12 -0500
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:49 AM 11/3/99 +0900, David Jemison wrote:
>Not exactly sure what you're asking here...  Do you mean you need access
>to the CF Administrator page?  The typical setup will make the page
>available at http:///127.0.0.1/CFIDE/Administrator/index.cfm as viewed
>directly from the server. I am not sure if the page can be viewed from a
>remote client (I seem to remember that it's possible to disable
>that...).
>
>You will need to get the password from them.  If the person who left
>took the password with him/her, the company can either reinstall CF or
>make a registry change to reset the password.  That's something they
>will have to do directly from the server console.  Of course, I can't
>find where I filed the note that says exactly what registry key needs to
>be changed...  You can try searching the archives at
>http://forums.allaire.com/devconf/
>--

According to the Cold Fusion "basic" FAQ, there is something called a ColdFusion Administrator, an integral part of ColdFusion Server. It is described as "... a set of tools for remote server administration ... " with which " ... server managers can easily monitor, configure, tune, and maintain ColdFusion Servers, applications, and clusters." This is apparently a feature that has been supported since version 2.0.

What I am trying to do is gain remote access to this Administrator, when the only way I can presently reach the site is through FTP and of course HTTP.

Let me rephrase: My client is local to me, but a long way away from the corporate HQ where this stuff used to be developed. Corporate HQ cannot, or will not, find any of the details related to the ColdFusion setup they have. I can either ditch the existing setup, or go in and attempt to repair and continue to maintain what is there. The database that ColdFusion is using in this case has several thousand records in it.

So, should I:
1) ditch what is there and start again
2) Find a way into the "administrator" by FTP'ing some config. files down to my hard drive and reverse engineering the path to the administrator.

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers

Kevin Jackson

--