Re: Secure Web Site (https)

by "Leland V. Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec.net>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:38:03 -0600
 To:  "Stuart Bridge" <sbridg(at)barrister.com>,
<hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:29 AM 3/21/00 , Stuart Bridge wrote:
>I am creating a secure web site (https) and trying to get my certificate server working. Is there a way to get mine to work without buying the certificates?  Are there free one's that can be used?  I have IIS4.0 and the certificate server is from the NTOption pack.

Stuart,

Not a problem with OpenSSL, .. you can create your own certificate (though it will not be part of any CA chain). You might wish to grab the OpenSSL for Win32 and generate a certificate.

There are no free Certs (except the ones you generate). I *think* that Verisign will create a test Cert for you, .. but I have no need to use it.

        Lee