RE: Apache document root too well hidden

by "Kevin A. Jackson" <kevin(at)nvision.on.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 29 Jul 2000 23:09:51 -0500
 To:  Lyle <Lyle(at)lcrcomputer.com>
 Cc:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:38 PM 7/28/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Let's see here.  Ping to ftp.domain.com and ping to www.domain.com come back
>with the same IP address??
--

Hi Lyle,
Tried this, came back with the same IP address for both pings.

--
--

I checked the conf files in these locations, and they point to document
root directories that do not contain the website, even when I do a list

--
--

I know, this is what is driving me crazy! When I do "find / -name" at the
command line, I get one directory that I am not allowed access to, even as

Only fishy thing is a file called ".index.html.swp" in the
"/home/httpd/html" directory, which I can't make sense out of.

--
--

Can directories be hidden from the command "ls -a"?

Thanks for your ideas,
Cheers

Kevin Jackson

--