Re: Apache document root too well hidden

by "Kevin A. Jackson" <kevin(at)nvision.on.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 01 Aug 2000 02:22:07 -0500
 To:  "Chris Walker" <dev(at)rockfordweb.com>
 Cc:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

--

Thanks for the help. I should report back on what the final conclusion was :).

I finally got some help from a colleague who is a security expert, and then
a day later found the guy who configured the server in the first place.

What was happening was that he had set up IP forwarding through a firewall,
so even though a pinging produced the same IP address, they were on
separate machines behind the firewall. You could telnet in, but telnet was
being redirected to the mail-server, which was a different machine from the
web server, which was news to me :).

Thanks to all who tried to help in this great forum!

Cheers

Kevin Jackson

--
Biz-Zone Internet Group