Re: htaccess documentation.

by John Erjavec V <jev(at)pconline.com>

 Date:  Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:00:39 -0600
 To:  "Vincent Toms" <toms(at)cs.rockhurst.edu>,
<hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:41 PM 11/24/99 -0600, Vincent Toms wrote:
>I am looking for some good docs on htaccess files.  I need to password
>protect a directory, and I can't find any good docs.

There are a bunch of places you can find docs on Apache.  There are (or
should be) docs in the download that you got, there are docs on the Apache
web site, and there are lots of places on the web that tell you how to do
things in Apache.  If you want to go commercial, I own the O'Reilly book
"Apache: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition", which I have found to be
good.  I also hear that someone name Rich Bowen (if anyone has heard
anything about him, let me know -- I couldn't find information anywhere
*g*) has a book coming out called "Apache Unleashed".  I'm expecting good
things from it.

-JEV
--
John Erjavec V ## sig(at)jevonline.com ##
http://www.jevonline.com/jev/index.html