Re: moving from unix to win2k

by John Erjavec V <jev(at)pconline.com>

 Date:  Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:09:09 -0600
 To:  "Timothy G. Embler" <hwg(at)myrealbox.com>,
<hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:33 PM 3/21/00 -0800, Timothy G. Embler wrote:
>Hello.  I have several websites on unix servers but I am now moving them
>all
>to a win2k colo.  If this requires other software I can install it.  I am
>using htaccess for custom 404's and to password protect dir's.  How can
>this
>be done on the new win machine?

Well, Apache runs on WinNT and Win 98, so I would guess that it runs as
well on Win2000.  If that is what you are going to be using, then there
should be very little, if any, change.

Not to start any religious wars, but is there are reason you are taking a
step back to the Windows machine? *g*  If there's a problem, we might be
able to help out with it.

-JEV
--
John Erjavec V  ##  spammers-will-be-reported(at)jevonline.com
                 ##  http://www.jevonline.com/jev/index.html