Re: Telnet POP client and Web hosts

by John Erjavec V <jev(at)pconline.com>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2000 17:36:42 -0500
 To:  WebGraffix <Keith(at)WebGraffix.com>
 Cc:  HWG Servers <hwg-servers(at)mlists.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
As far as I can tell, they don't do filtering -- this appears to be more of
a timeout issue, but I can't get much help on it.  I _do_ get spam to the
addresses, and it bounces mail from places that I have received mail from
before (mostly mailing lists).  It is an occasional thing, but very
frustrating.  They also want bounce messages, but since I don't normally
send mail to myself, I don't get those.  The one that I _did_ get, I was
informed that they did deliver the message, even though I sent them
something that said they didn't, and I never received it.

Also, while we are on the subject, let me clarify things.  (And thanks to
the helpful messages that I have gotten off list.)  The mail forwarding
problem is from my web host to my ISP.  Neither one of them have problems
with me forwarding mail, but apparently my web host has problems doing the
forwarding.  Also, I am looking for a mail program that works through
telnet, and supports _POP_ mail, not regular Unix mail (I know lots of the
latter, and none of the former *g*).

Again, thanks for the help, and keep that advice coming. *g*

-JEV

--
John Erjavec V  ##  spammers-will-be-reported(at)jevonline.com
                 ##  http://www.jevonline.com/jev/index.html