RE: ColdFusion Server on Linux...

by Casey Haakenson <casey(at)haakenson.com>

 Date:  Sun, 28 May 2000 12:46:54 -0700
 To:  Ann Navarro <ann(at)webgeek.com>,
Lyle <Lyle(at)lcrcomputer.com>
 Cc:  "Hwg-Servers List (E-mail)" <hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Putting "directory" information after the script name can be a powerful way
to call a script.  Generally, search engines don't index pages with a
question mark in them, so if you want them to be indexed you can call your
script this way.  It does not need to be a valid directory, it is just a
replacement for QUERY_STRING.  I even think some CGI packages recognize
variables sent this way and parse them for you, I don't remember if CF is
one of those.

-Casey