HTM to ASP

by Tom Towle <webmaster(at)fielding.edu>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:43:36 -0700
 To:  hwg-servers(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks all who responded both on and off list to my question regarding
migration to IIS and renaming .htm pages. I was able to use the DOS ren
command with the "forfiles" command found in the NT4 Resource Kit. Forfiles
allows recursion into subdirectories as well as variable use.

I also found in WS_FTP that an extension can be changed on the fly when
transferring files. This is ultimately what was most useful, as it enabled
me to "mirror" a server into a development environment and recursively
rename all files with the Active Server Pages extension. I then used the
Sausage Software Multiple File and Replace utility to include some ASP and
Voila!,....another day wasted. Not really. Problem was in changing internal
links without changing external links to .asp.

Tom
Tom Towle, MAIP - Webmaster - The Fielding Institute
<mailto:webmaster(at)fielding.edu>webmaster(at)fielding.edu -
http://www.fielding.edu/
Member - International Webmasters Association,
HTML Writers Guild and Association of Internet Professionals