Re: Script for adding new users for Linux via CGI

by Tony Wong <tony(at)98mall.com>

 Date:  Tue, 04 Apr 2000 09:09:50 +0800
 To:  Rich Bowen <rbowen(at)rcbowen.com>
 Cc:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:23 AM 4/3/00 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
>Tony Wong wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Is there any available script whereby we can add new user?
> >
> > This is because right now my site is providing a web base email (something
> > like hotmail)
> > and I have to add the new user to my Linux automatically when he registered
> > with my site.
>
>The normal way to add users is with /usr/sbin/useradd  I would expect
>that you could run a system call to useradd with the necessary
>arguments. 'man useradd' should give you all the details you need. Then
>you'll need something suid to set their password, unless you just trust
>them to set it.

Yeh  that's where I am finding difficulty with.

Even if I manage to do a system call to useradd, I can't
just assign a su right. I wanted do something like hotmail,
My client just register through the web (not telnet) and my Linux
will add the client as an email user without any intervention from
the system administrator. Currently I am using Coldfusion
as my web interface application.

Tony

98.com Pte Ltd

44 Kaki Bukit Cresent, #02-00, Kaki Bukit Tech Park 1, S(416268)
Tel : 748 0198   Fax:  748 7148
Mobile : 9 645 9633
Email : tony@ 98mall.com

Join me @