Re: Connecting to MySQL via ODBC

by Jeff Diaz <jdiaz(at)ivtech.com>

 Date:  Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:59:57 -0400
 To:  "Billy O'Connor" <billy(at)kennet1.freeserve.co.uk>,
hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

I've had the same problem before.  It took a lot of research, but I figured
something out.  I hope this works for you as well.

check the db table in the mysql database, you need to make sure that the
host/db/user combination in this table match your needs.  I can't remember
exactly what I did, but I had to remove an entry specifying the localhost
for a particular username before I was allowed to connect, if I remember
correctly.

I have one record in the db table for my database, it is:

("%", "dbname", "username", "Y", "Y", "Y", "Y", "Y", "Y", "Y", "Y", "N",

This all seems rather cryptic, but if you need additional info, just let me
know and I'll be glad to try and help.

  - Jeff