Re: mail under your control

by "Leland V. Lammert" <lvl(at)omnitec.net>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:47:35 -0700
 To:  John Erjavec V <jev(at)pconline.com>
 Cc:  rbowen(at)rcbowen.com (Rich Bowen), hwg-servers(at)hwg.org (HWG Servers)
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:00 AM 7/18/00, John Erjavec V wrote:
>Has WebMin been improved lately?  The last time I installed it and ran it,
>it completely trashed my system, to the point that I had to recover from
>backups / reinstall.  Granted, this was over a year ago...

More modules, a cleaner GUI, better SSL integration, .. but your core issue is still valid - if you do not use a standard module configuration (i.e. directories), then WebMin can have problems. Most modules can be pointed to different directories, .. but I agree that comments can be lost.

For most applications, once you start using WebMin there is little need to go back into the files directly, which offsets the lack of comments.

OTOH, how many of us DO comment rigorously <g>??

        Lee