Re: ISPs blocking FTP commands

by Wayne Miller <badger(at)intrepid.net>

 Date:  Thu, 31 May 2001 09:55:18 -0400
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I found it to be a time-out problem with reverse lookup. I noticed the same
thing with ftp, telnet, and POP servers on non-Earthlink sites when using
Earthlink as an ISP. I was able to overcome it by increasing the amount of
time the servers would wait for a reverse lookup before aborting the
connection or disabling reverse lookup. Since neither of those "solutions"
addressed the reverse lookup issue and why it took so long, I dropped
Earthlink.

Wayne Miller