Re: How do you work on MS-based websites?

by "Kevin A. Jackson" <kevin(at)nvision.on.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:01:35 -0400
 To:  Tino Wildenhain <cdtv(at)amigager.de>
 Cc:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:32 PM 9/28/02 +0200, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
>Hi Kevin,
>
>are you really sure you must use IIS? I would analyze what
>are really the needs of the customers. Not what he believes
>he need but what he really need.

>- snipped -<

The other solutions you are suggesting are all better than using straight IIS with Access, and my preferred choice too, but we are in a new business environment now, where you can suggest the best solution, but the client has inflexible constraints on them. These days Internet budgets are non-existent or static, and they have to work with existing equipment or not at all. They can get consulting and development money, but definitely not hardware money, even for the low-end machine that a *NIX server would need.

Either way, I am realizing that sometimes IIS may be the right tool for the job, especially when you think about the client's technology expertise.

Cheers

Kevin Jackson

--
Biz-Zone Internet Group Inc.
Web developers, publishers and consultants,