Re: list servers???

by Allan Trick <atrick(at)prin.edu>

 Date:  Thu, 21 Sep 2000 22:06:29 -0500
 To:  hwg-servers(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Lyle wrote:

>I had a customer talk to me about possibly starting a web based bulletin
>board or a mailing list.  I know what MajorDomo is and I found one company
>that is a list server provider.
>
>Does anyone have any recommendations on software (other than MajorDomo) or
>any companies that provide a bulletin board or mailing list service, even if
>to provide a starting point for pricing??

We use the Ultimate Bulletin Board from www.infopop.com and for mailing
lists we're doing it offsite on topica.com.  I think I'd rather run the
lists on my own server because Topica tacks on an ad at the bottom of each
message.  But their service is pretty good.  We started on ListBot, but
switched because since Microsoft took it over there are routine delays in
delivering mail - up to 12 hours or longer.

Hope that helps,

Allan Trick
Webmaster
The Principia