Re: hosting website and email [THANKS]

by Moe Rubenzahl <moe(at)maxim-ic.com>

 Date:  Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:40:45 -0700
 To:  Shawn Sass <shawn(at)sportsstuff.com>,
<hwg-servers(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>...we have a company that
>currently sets up any new things on our network ie routers, servers, backup,
>etc.  They would be the ones setting it up and doing the security and stuff,
>my company just needs an in house person to monitor it so we don't have to
>call the outside company every time we need to do something on it.
>...my boss came to me and said, "why can't we do our own email?  Would you
>know how to do that?"  I said "well, we could . . .  IF"  and told him about
>some classes

If you are working with an experienced consultant on-call, I don't
think this is such a terrible idea. I mean, you can learn how to set
up new users and such, build expertise as you go. You won't save the
company much money at first (in fact, with their explaining how to do
things, your support costs may go up for a while) but I think this is
a workable idea, if the company is willing to accept the learning
curve.