RE: Tools of the Trade

by "Christian Lavoie" <clavoie(at)enter-net.com>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:12:57 -0400
 Cc:  "HTML Writers Guild Software" <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ok, let's add my own...

1) I used the HTMLpad (http://www.intermania.com/htmlpad) as my first HTML
editor, and still stick with it. I've seen Homesite and must say it's a
great one, but I've got used to the pad first...

2) Paint Shop Pro (does anyone really need that shortcut???
http://www.jasc.com) always was my choice for graphics, since it was
actually affordable. But I never really was feeling I was missing something,
and I've used PhotoShop a few times.

3) Macromedia's Dreamweaver impressed me alot, and will probably convert me
if nothing else pops soon. (http://www.macromedia.com)

4) FrontPage... Ah, the giant's try... Good one, I like it, but it wouldn't
be my first choice... I say take a look at Dreamweaver first.
(http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage)

5) A bit ago, I've come accross some real good stuff, that awed me to a
point I couldn't beleive it... (http://www.opposite.com and
http://www.siteboss.com) These are called powertools and I must say that the
really are. Albeit it isn't an editor plainly said, it provided me some good
overall site-checking and the PowerSearch tool is just way to useful to
forget.

6) Last one, I swear: Programmer's File Editor. since I am more of a coder
than a visual designer, I used that good old tool for anything not plain
HTML. That means CSS, JavaScript and CGI/Perl stuff.
(http://148.88.8.181/people/cpaap/pfe/)

Wish I was of some help...