RE: Software recommendation for beginners

by "The Wise One!!!" <cardpro(at)zebra.net>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Jul 1998 13:01:02 -0500
 To:  "Suzanne Ankerbrand" <sankerbrand(at)villagelife.org>,
<hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  <jskillington(at)villagelife.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

<Little Snip>

> They would also like a WYSIWIG program.
>
> From past research, my recommendations to them would be
> Frontpage, Homesite or Dreamweaver. Frontpage may not be a good choice
because, as their web
> project manager who uses BBEdit, I know what Frontpage does to HTML
> documents not originally coded with Frontpage.

Yep, FrontPage is out if they want full control over their code...

> Otherwise, it seems to be a
> good choice for beginners.

Excellent choice for beginners and quite powerful enough for us pro's if we
aren't too picky about our HTML.

>  My only question about Homesite is
> I'm not sure
> it is a WYSIWIG.

Homesite is not WYSIWIG but (and this is the kind of but that means you may
be in luck) NetObjects Fusion 3.0 includes Homesite as part of its package
and does provide a WYSIWIG interface for site design also.

> Does anyone have any suggestions for or against these 3 programs, or have
> another recommendation?

My suggestion would be NetObjects Fusion 3.0 if they want both WYSIWIG and
full control over the HTML and DHMTL.

Now get ready for the myriad other suggestions and dissenting opinions. ;)

> Thanks,
> Suzanne Ankerbrand

Most Welcome!

Alan Atwood