RE: Switching to Windows NT

by "Eitan Levi" <jedi.nite(at)earthling.net>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Aug 1998 03:38:25 -0400
 To:  <bzabor19(at)idt.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> bzabor19(at)idt.net wrote:
> >
> > I was asked by an associate if there is a downside to switching from
> > Win95 to NT, and the only thing I could remember is that it's more
> > stable than 95.  Are there any negative trade-offs?

Well, yes, a MAJOR one. I don't know for 100% sure, but from everything I've
tried, tested and seen, DirectX applications (most games included) will NOT
run under WinNT. So there, again, it depends highly on what the system will
be used for.

If the major factor is more stability, you might as well get Win98, which is
MUCH more stable than Win95... of course, I still think it's a major rip-off
to pay for...

Eitan Levi
jedinite(at)gameplex.net
ICQ: 3521646