RE: Software recommendation for beginners

by "The Wise One!!!" <cardpro(at)zebra.net>

 Date:  Fri, 3 Jul 1998 13:08:34 -0500
 To:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> >Most on this list will disagree with me, but I like Front Page
> for its ease
> >of use and some of the features it uses. Once I do all that I am
> going to do
> >in Front Page, I use an HTML Editor such as Web Weaver or
> Arachnophilia to
> >edit the program and add elements that Front page will not do. This works
> >really well for me, as long as you don't open the program back up in the
> >Front page editor. If you do, it will 'butcher' any of the hand
> coding you
> >did. but it has features in it that save about 40% of the
> production time.

You know what? This is a most excellent idea!!! Now why didn't I think of
it?

Using a WYSIWYG is definitely faster as to initial development and I for one
continue to use FrontPage for quick, down and dirty development in a WYSIWYG
format but I have always been just dense enough to try and re-open any
changes made with HomeSite (or even notepad!) with the FrontPage editor and
upload, of course, with FrontPage Explorer.

If I had been a little brighter, I could have just FTP'd my changes and not
had the headaches of FP98 thinking it knows what I want better than I do!

Thanks!

Alan Atwood