RE: Dreamweaver

by "Peter Horton" <webmaster(at)hi-profit.com>

 Date:  Mon, 1 Jun 1998 22:46:03 +0200
 To:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

:> I understand that several people have said that Dreamweaver is the best
:>
:
:> Maybe someone could let me in on what I missed during my review, until
:> then... I'll stick with Homesite 3 and wordpad.
:>
:
Dreamweaver has onlyy one problem - font handling. when you do a lot of drag
and drop (which I do when preparing concepts to show to customers) it can
get itself in a real twist.

What you see in the browser is exactly what you intended, but behind the
scenes you'll find a lot of font tags which are redundant.

I tend to show the customer the concepts as they are, and once the customer
has made a choice go in with Homesite and fix the font mess, before using
the resulting file as a template for the site.

I have to pump out 30-60 pages per week (which period also includes time
spent creating concepts including the basic navigation graphics etc. - on
which I normally spend 1.5 - 2 days per site). Most of the sites I do are
around 30 pages. Using Homesite (or any other text editor for that matter)
alone there is no way I would get to the production levels I need - i.e. 8 -
10 pages per day

Peter Horton
http://www.formsonline.nl