RE: Deciding between CF or FrontPage

by "Mario Figueiredo" <marfig(at)ebonet.net>

 Date:  Wed, 14 Oct 1998 12:59:31 -0000
 To:  "HWG Software" <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks people for your replies.
It's a fact that I didn't had a clue whatsoever on what I was asking. I was
only conscious that CF and FrontPage were related somehow on intranet
development.
It's also a fact that there is no such thing as simple answer to this kind
of problems. Nevertheless, what we are looking for it's an integrated
package in order to develop intranet/extranet solutions to our customers.

Let me be more specific.
We will offer a service that will start on the setup level (MS BackOffice
solutions) and will continue on the development of the intranet itself. It's
this last step that it's giving us the creeps. We don't know for sure which
is the best product(s). We want to cover a full range of situations, since
the simple firm who just want to have it's intranet to deal with
communication between itself and to cover, say, it's Human Resources Dep.,
to that customer who wants to link with his databases and build an extranet
solution based on eCommerce.

Ok. I know that I may be asking a lot. As I said before we are still on the
structuring (don't know if this is well said :) ) process. Maybe this kind
of questions will have answers by themselves when the time comes. But to
define a tool it's essential on the budget side.

Is there such a thing as a single solution? Can you help me out on deciding?
Even considering the fact that this is mostly based on likeness and fondness
of this or that product, others opinions are always a good help on decision
processes.

Thank You,
<!-------------------------->
Eng. Mario Figueiredo
 Dir. of Corporate Services
EBONet, PACOM Lda.
email: marfig(at)ebonet.net

PS:
Oh, yes! Thank you Suzanne for your URLs. I've already been at Allaire's.
Microsoft site it's a nightmare, but with your exact reference I was able to
gather some information.
Thank you Glenn for your information. As a matter of fact, despite being not
legal, I was able to install FP98 on a workstation and started to build some
sites with it. It's not legal, but it's possible :)
Thank you Richard for your suggestion. In fact that's a tremendous con
against CF. I will need, sooner or later, to use Site Server. That's for
sure.