Software for Lynux (was RE: MS BackOffice Server [...])

by "Mario Figueiredo" <marfig(at)ebonet.net>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Oct 1998 20:13:26 -0000
 To:  "HWG Software" <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Last question first, Client Licenses are for each seat, or user, that is
>accessing information on each of the Servers.  The benefits are that your
>users will be able to access the critical information stored on
>the servers.
>In other words, if you are buying Exchange Server, you will need a CAL
>(Client Access License) for each user who will have an email
>account on that
>server.

So, for we here, we'll pay 30 CALs for BackOffice. Which means, by Microsoft
prices, $6,797!!! :((
Imagine an enterprise with 3 or 4 servers and something like 200
workstations...
And all this for a buggy software with more service packs and patches then I
have hair on my head... (no! I'm not bald)

Anyway, I'm aware this is not the place (neither the time, for that matter)
to discuss prices. Nevertheless, this is way to much to impose on future
clients. (we'll build intranet solutions, remember?).

Thank you all for your answers.
As much as it grieves me, I think the way it's Lynux. This means a great
learning curve and lack of support. In Angola this can bring us down. :(

Regards,
Eng. Mario Figueiredo
 Dir. of Corporate Services
EBONet, PACOM Lda.